The secondary school is situated in the heart of Szigetvar’s ancient city centre. The construction of the extant building started in the beginning of the 1900’s. The one-storey, U-shaped edifice was built in the art nouveau style. Later, there were more enlargements. The current plan is to join the separate units of the building and enlarge it with a buzzing assembling hall and a new entrance. The assembly hall is to be able to give place to environmental, cultural, technological and scientific lectures coupled with occasional exhibitions and community building programs. During the enlargement our main object was to fit to the contemporary requirements but preserve this historic monument in its original condition with its secessionist values.